The indoor range is available only for members who are involved with a club discipline which has scheduled time on the indoor range. Currently, the indoor range is available only to Kelowna Precision Pistol Club, Kelowna Practical Shooters, Junior Archery/Junior Shooters, and Adult Archery.
A brief description of our indoor range in the basement of the clubhouse:
- four portable shooting benches providing 12 firing points for pistol at 20 yards
- approved for pistol calibres to .44 Magnum and for small-bore rifle
- approved, one-pass, heated, ventilation system
- adjacent washrooms
- spectator gallery
- vehicle parking near the entrance
- wheelchair accessible
We will be shooting every 2nd Tuesday evening and continue through to approximately the 3rd week of April.
- Juniors 10 to 12 years old will participate from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
- Juniors 13 to 17 years old will participate from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
Juniors will be required to become members of KDFGC, and a $5.00 indoor range fee will apply every time a junior shoots.
Juniors can sign-up anytime through out the program duration. There will be no drop-ins to try it out. We have certified archery instructors on staff providing a safe, professional, informative and not to forget, a fun filled time. All equipment is supplied but juniors are encouraged to bring their own.
Instructional Adult Archery will shoot every 2nd Friday evening. The cost for adult instruction is $30.00 if you are NOT a member, $5.00 per night if are a member. All equipment is provided, bring your own if you have your own. Members may also shoot on alternative Friday nights without instruction, paying a $5.00 indoor range fee.
Please contact Cal Maier at email email@example.com
- The starting age for any member of the shooting program is 10 years of age and older, up to 17 years of age.
- Sessions will start with Junior Rifle on Sept 22nd and continue every 2nd Tuesday following.
- Classes will last 1 hour and the youngest shooters will do the 6:30pm to 7:30pm class.
- The second class will go from 7:30pm to 8:30pm.
- The later class of shooters will be expected to help with the cleaning and storing away of all gear related to the program.
- We can only hold 12 students per class so first come, first served applies.
Each Junior shooter will require to have a current membership card and present it to prove membership to instructor. If not a member, shooters will pay $10.00 for one night of shooting. On the following shoot they will have to have a current membership card.
The cost for a night of shooting also requires that each student buys a $10.00 ammo card, which will cover .22 cal ammo for 3 nights of shooting (50 rounds per night). Also there is a $5.00 fee class fee per night.
The student only has to show up on time for classes and sign in and at that time we will collect the appropriate fees and hand out ear, eye protection and ammo cards.
A student doesn’t have to register in Sept to do a shooting session. We start new shooters on any of our nights throughout the year.
There will be a rifle draw at the end of the year for a .22 rifle which will be awarded to one lucky shooter from our program. This will be done each May.
Please contact Shane Nicholls 250-861-0621 or Mark Rogers.