The Kelowna and District Fish & Game Club has federally licensed indoor and outdoor firearm and archery ranges on its property. Given the inherent dangers in shooting sports, the safety of members, guests, and the community is the Club’s top priority.
This membership agreement, when signed by the applicant or their legal guardian, constitutes a binding contract between the Kelowna and District Fish and Game Club and the participant named on the signature page of this agreement (“Agreement”).
Membership obligations commence when the Agreement is signed by the participant or their legal guardian and is witnessed by a Kelowna and District Fish and Game Club staff member or Director. Full membership rights and privileges are granted after a probationary period and after the applicant’s membership is approved by the Kelowna and District Fish and Game Club’s Board of Directors.
For the purpose of this Agreement,
- The Kelowna and District Fish & Game Club and its directors, officers, employees, instructors, agents, representatives, other members (full or probationary), volunteers, independent contractors, subcontractors, sponsors, successors, assigns and representatives shall hereinafter be collectively referred to as “KDFGC” or “Club”.
- A rifle, shotgun, handgun, bow, crossbow, or any other device capable of discharging a projectile capable of causing bodily injury or death to a person shall hereinafter be collectively referred to as a "Firearm(s)".
- An indoor or outdoor area on Club property that has been approved by the Club and licensed federally for the discharge of a Firearm shall hereinafter be collectively referred to as a “Range(s)”. Any natural or man-made feature, building, or equipment on Club property, including but not limited to: firearms and firearm accessories; archery and archery accessories; Ranges; firearm and archery targets; shooting stands and benches; berms; roads, access gates, club houses and offices and shall hereinafter be collectively referred to as “Club Facilities”.
- Any activity or event that is organized, conducted or sponsored by the Club shall hereinafter be collectively referred to as “Club Activities”.
- A member is person approved by the Club’s Board of Directors as a member and remains in good standing with the Club. A probationary member is a person whose application for membership has been accepted by the Club but has not yet been approved by the Club’s Board of Directors. Both members and probationary members are hereinafter collectively referred to as “Member(s)”.
- A person or persons registered to be on a Range while supervised by an adult Member shall hereinafter be collectively referred to as a “Guest(s)”.
- Canadian Firearms Possession and Acquisition License – Non-Restricted (“PAL”) or Restricted (“rPAL”) or Prohibited (“pPAL”)
As a Member of the Club, I agree, without exception, to the following on behalf of myself and my Guests:
- I accept that KDFGC authorized Range Officers, the Range Manager, and Club Directors have the authority at any time to inspect my Firearms for safety, check my Membership Card, temporarily revoke my Membership Card, and/or require I immediately leave Club Property for any breach or perceived breach of this Agreement or other Club policies or rules.
- I accept that the Club has, at its sole discretion and without limitation, the ability to deny, suspend, or revoke my Club membership.
- I accept that until I complete the KDFGC New Member Orientation Course and I am certified by the Club to use a Range unsupervised, I must shoot under the supervision of a KDFGC authorized Range Officer or a Member with the appropriate Range certification.
- I certify that I am physically, mentally, and emotionally fit to participate safely in shooting sports and will inform the Club immediately of any issue that would prevent my safe participation in shooting sports.
- I agree that the Club can record and validate my PAL number, type, and expiry date as well as my name, address, and birth date and can report my membership status and range activity to the appropriate authorities, such as a Chief Firearms Officer, upon their request.
- I agree that the Club can share my name, address, email, and membership status with the BC Wildlife Federation (BCWF) for the purpose of registering me for BCWF membership and receiving communication directly from the BCWF.
- I agree to immediately inform the Club if my PAL is revoked for any reason or that I become the subject of a prohibition order or similar change in status that affects my ability to legally acquire, possess or be in close contact with Firearms or ammunition. I understand that if this happens then my Membership will be immediately suspended pending review by the Club.
- I authorize emergency medical treatment in the event of injury or illness on Club property.
- I agree to compensate the Club for any damage to Club property caused by my actions or those of my Guests.
- I authorize email, text, and phone communication from the Club to myself in relation to my Member status and Club news and events.
- I accept that all Club Membership fees are non-refundable.
- I accept that the Club’s policies and rules may change from time to time. The most recent versions are posted on www.kdfgc.org. Notification will be sent of any significant changes.
Included in the Agreement by reference are the following documents. Initial that you have read, understood, and agree to the following:
Special Note: As part of the Membership Application process, a hard copy of the Membership Agreement must be signed and witnessed at the Club Office. Download the KDFGC Member Handbook (PDF) for a printable version of the Membership Agreement.